抱歉您的瀏覽器不支援Javascript或VBscript,請使用IE6.0或Netscape7.1以上瀏覽~或請按ALT+F4離開視窗
:::
Historical Background

Historical BackgroundHome > Historical Background
Historical Background
::: 

Ching DynastyChing Dynasty

  Nuannuan District, a strategic point of the Shangshih Fort which one of the four forts in Taipei government in the
  Ching period, is one of the early pioneered towns in the northeast Taiwan.

Japanese-Occupied PeriodJapanese-Occupied Period

  Taiwan and Penghu were ceded to Japan after Ching Dynasty lost the Sino-Japanese War. Nuannuan was
  subordinated to Keelung Sub-Ting, Taipei County, and altered to the 20th district of Keelung Ting in 1900. in
  1920, after the autonomy system was implemented, Wutu, Maling, and Nuannuan were united as Chitu Villag
   and subordinated to Keelung Prefecture, Taipei State.

The initiation of district after the RetrocessionThe initiation of district after the Retrocession

  In 1945, Taiwan and Penghu were returned to the mother country after the surrender of the Japanese. In the
  meantime, although the government altered the Village to Hsiang, and prefecture to subordinated district,
  Nuannuan was still subordinated to Chitu Hsiang. Owing to the appeal of the public in Nuannuan Patu for
  incorporating Nuannuan to Keelung City and establishing Nuannuan District, Chitu Hsiang was finally
  subordinated to Keelung City on Jan. 18, 1947. Due to the increase of population, the government showed its
  concern to public opinions and the implementation of autonomy, and seven Lis were, thus, separated from Patu
  of the Chitu District for establishing Nuannuan district.

PopulationPopulation

  This district, located in the south of Keelung City, is adjoined to Juifang Town, Taipei County, in the east; Chitu
  District of this city, in the west; Shihfenliao, Pinghsi Hsiang, in the south; and Jenai District of this city, in the
  north. In the past, the tribes were divided into Tingnei, Tungshih Tunnel, Hsishih Tunnel, Nuannuan Street, Patu,
  etc. In the initiation of the district on Feb. 1, 1949, there were only seven Lis in this district. Up to Dec. 31, 2002,
  the number of Li was increased to 13, with the district covers an area of 22.8283 square kilometers.

  Most of the residents here are the descendants of the former residents. Over the years, the population is
  increasing gradually, and the residents are mostly those who moved from the downtown institutes to the
  Kuokang Road dorms. In recent years, the city consolidation, the completion of highway interchange, and the
  construction of infrastructure/buildings have greatly attracted the non-locals to move into this district. As lots of
  residences are now under construction, this district is sure to be one of the most beautiful residential areas of
  this city in the near future.

 

 

 

Population

Keelung Nuannuan District Office Service Time: AM 08:00~12:00 PM 13:00~17:30
Address: No.2, Dongshih St., Nuannuan District Tel: 02-2457-9121 Email: service@klnn.gov.tw